This is an electronic health records (EHR) system designed to allow for the creation and storage of digital patient files, as well as facilitating sending prescriptions electronically, and the submission of requests and retrieval of lab and imaging results (blood tests, x-rays, CT scans, etc.).
- By leveraging technology and the use of heightened security, it will provide a controlled environment for generation, storage and retrieval of digital patient records.
- This secure database for patient records will be easily accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing accurate and up-to-date patient information whenever (and wherever) it is needed.
- The system should also help to reduce illicit activity linked to insurance fraud (e.g. forged prescriptions) by providing a high tech alternative to paper prescriptions.
Registration can be initiated on this website (www.digiscripts.com), by filling out the form on our Contact page. Once your submission is received, a member of our team will be in touch to get your personal or organization profile set up.
- Shorter wait time for the processing of prescriptions and results from tests
- Faster relief – Quicker start to the taking of medications and other remedial processes that may be required
- Portability of confidential information
- Full-time access to patient records, reduced need for physical filing space, and accurate and secure transmission of prescription data, test requests and results between physicians, pharmacists, labs, and x-ray/CT scan centres.
- Drastic reduction in the time to receive test results/begin treatments, leading to much faster improvement in the patient's overall health and well-being.
- Storage of and access to patient information on a highly secure platform.
The product will serve to eliminate the occurrence of several challenges that are faced in day to day practice, including but not limited to:
- Incomplete drug request (route, dose, and/or frequency)
- Corrections being made on the script, but not initialled/signed
- Illegibility of handwriting/inability to discern the signature of the practitioner
- Inability to discern one practitioner from another, where they share a common surname and/or first name, and no middle name or initial is given
- No registration number being provided
- No contact information (office and/or cell phone numbers) provided in the event that clarification is required with respect to the prescription in question
- Improved service (ability to receive requests, book appointments and send results faster) which builds clients/users relationships
- Reduction of the use of paper and other documented methods of reporting (e.g. use of CDs) and thus lower operational costs
- Potential for elimination of courier fees for delivery of paper results
DigiScripts is a robust and secure electronic prescribing and health services platform which uses a highly secured system of encryption. Data from the system to the server is sent using 2048-bit encryption with extended validation of the site; servers are housed internationally, with first world level security measures in place; and financial information is stored on an independently, encrypted and insured system.
- Practitioners (medical doctors, as well as dentists and veterinarians) will have to register and provide all the information necessary for the processing of any prescription, lab and imaging tests, as well as all the information necessary for contacting the practitioner. Pharmacies, laboratories and imaging suites may also register for use of the database.
- After registration, each user will have an account established which will only be accessible to them through the use of an encrypted authentication system, using their username and password and/or PIN (personal identification number).
- Scripts can then be sent by physicians directly to the pharmacy, labs and imaging centres. Requests for tests and the results of those tests can also be sent by, and stored in, the system.
Bonus: Patient information is stored on a highly encrypted system, and can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The system has been fully operational for several years, and continues to be updated and improved on a regular basis.
This is the first such system to be made available in Jamaica. Similar systems exist in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia and have been successful in meeting similar objectives as those established by DigiScripts™. Several studies have demonstrated that this platform type has been associated with a significant increase in safety and efficiency with respect to prescription medication dispensing.
Yes, users will pay a subscription fee on a monthly or annual basis.